The Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) is the government department of the United Kingdom leading the government’s EU exit agenda.
Its purpose is to secure the best possible deal on the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union and build a deep and comprehensive future partnership between the United Kingdom and the European Union, deliver and legislate for the UK’s smooth and orderly exit from the EU, inform, engage and mobilise interested parties to help shape and secure a successful exit from the EU and to attract, develop and retain great people and organise ourselves flexibly to deliver our objectives efficiently and effectively.
The Department for Exiting the European Union required a 360 platform which would be used as part of their new Performance Management approach. This online tool will support a culture of high performance throughout the year.
The platform needed to allow users to gather and give feedback effectively and efficiently and to collaborate with multiple stakeholders digitally. The 360 tool will enable managers to select Performance and Talent markings for their staff mapped clearly against the department’s branded Performance Standards and the '9 box grid'.
Accipio worked with DExEU to design, customise and deploy a Totara platform called Perform 360.
The key features of this platform include:
- Custom dashboards for different users (employees, managers and directorate admins)
- 360 templates automatically assigned to 'bands' with a simple process to request feedback and gain manager approval
- Respondents can provide feedback via a grid based on competency descriptors for that 'band'
- Users and managers can view their summary report showing competency ratings and free text
- Admin users can download a summary for all users as a CSV to identify capability gaps by band
- An efficient way to manage the start-to-end talent and performance assessment approach.
- It provides a snapshot of each directorate, the distribution of ratings and who the talent/high performers are
- Single sign-on integration so there is no need for DExEU employees to log in.
"Thank you so much for all your help over the last few weeks, your flexibility is very much appreciated and we have received great feedback on the tool itself!"
Most employees have now used the 360 tool and have been pleased with how user friendly the tool is.
- In a feedback survey 95% of respondents strongly agreed or agreed that the 360 tool was easy to navigate, with a further 85% strongly agreeing or agreeing that the tool provided an efficient way to provide feedback.
- Managers have found the platform a helpful instrument to have objective conversations with team members, identify strengths and weaknesses within their team and use as an evidence base to make improvements.
- Managers have completed the performance and talent management process. The platform has saved staff a considerable amount of time in collecting feedback and improved engagement in the process.
- HR has a clear capability map for each band in the organisation which can now be used to make decisions for training and recruitment.
"Thank you again for all your hard work on the tool, it's been working really well across the department."