Education New Zealand (ENZ) is a Crown Agency responsible for marketing New Zealand as an education destination to international students.
Students and their families often use education agents to investigate and help them with their decision making when they are considering studying overseas. It is imperative, therefore, for ENZ to be able to train educational agents to effectively promote New Zealand education to emerging markets.
ENZ required an online solution that:
- is more sustainable and cost-effective than travelling to multiple international locations annually to hold face-to-face training workshops
- is effective in training agents to sell New Zealand as a destination to live and study by providing accurate, easy to access and engaging information about education and life in this country
- improves the motivation, professionalism and effectiveness of education agents
- increases the number of students choosing New Zealand as a place to study
- co-ordinates and tracks agents’ elearning activity throughout the ENZ agent programme.
Totara Learn provides ENZ with the variety of key functionally required, combined with minimum administrative effort:
- Scalability: the ability to start out with just a few users and quickly expand their numbers without a great need to change infrastructure or be stung by a per-use-license.
- Reporting power: tracking programmes and unit completion across different countries and markets.
- Branded interface: a simple custom theme was built to match the exact design of the content to create a consistent look and feel.
“Overall, the seamless transition from face-to-face training to elearning modules hosted on Totara Learn has reduced travel costs and increased agent satisfaction. ENZ continues to see success in the effectiveness of education agents promoting New Zealand as an education destination.”
- Mandi Van Weede, ENZ Trade Marketing Manager
- Winner of the coveted 2014 LearnX Platinum Award for Best Online eLearning Model.
- Overwhelmingly positive feedback from agents, serving as a true testament to its success.
- 200% increase in the number of new agents in the ENZ networks across the world within the first 12 months following launch.
- Successful promotion of the ENZ eLearning programme to agents through marketing communications.
- Efficiencies gained through the additional use of the eLearning programme within ENZ to train staff as part of their induction programme.
Want to know if Totara is right for you?
Arrange a personalised demo of the Talent Experience Platform.