Glen Dimplex Heating and Ventilation (GDHV) is a subsidiary of the Glen Dimplex Group. GDHV operate across UK and Ireland, serving global markets through their sister company Glen Dimplex Heating and Ventilation International division. GDHV offer numerous brands including Dimplex, the world’s largest electric heating appliance manufacturer.
GDHV gradually became aware that they had reached the limits of their existing Learning Management System. They recognized their need for a more all-encompassing solution that offered scalability. Previously their LMS was primarily used to manage face to face product training sessions, however, GDHV were aware of other ad hoc training taking place independently around the business which was not documented. Equally other areas of the business were not benefitting from the existing LMS and this was identified as a missed opportunity.
- Provide visibility of training records across the business
- Consolidate access to other development sites via one portal
- Increase development opportunities and resources outside of their face to face product training
- Improve the knowledge of customer service support staff to handle product support calls more effectively
- Provide an all-encompassing learning portal that would benefit all areas of the business e.g. compliance, performance management (appraisals, 360 feedback etc.), customer service
Totara Partner Cortexa implemented an enterprise LMS that can serve 5000 employees across multiple European locations.
- It includes an enhanced user interface with easy navigation
- A multi-faceted LMS that was scalable for future training and development initiatives
- A ‘one stop shop’ for training, development and performance management
Cortexa has provided GDHV a Totara Learn platform which fulfilled their current needs and easy low-cost scalability for their future plans and growth. The LMS now offers access for all staff and can seamlessly integrate their current appraisal systems alongside their growing portfolio of online courses.