Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service providing safe, high-quality care to one-quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan, from pre-birth to end-of-life.
Monash Health (in cooperation with the Victorian DHHS and the Federal Department of Health), approached Kineo to extend the existing partnership. At that time, they were challenged by rising COVID-19 cases spreading into residential aged care facilities when the second wave hit Victoria and the state was experiencing an alarming 500-700 cases per day.
Monash Health, DHHS and the Federal Department of Health wanted to quickly deploy Monash Health’s existing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) digital training and replicate their Kineo Edition Totara Learn platform infrastructure, features and functionality across an additional 70,000 residential care workers in Victoria. This initiative was in addition to the partnership that Kineo has had with Monash Health, since 2013, in providing online training for up to 50,000 staff.
The objective was to ensure that residential care workers have access to appropriate and timely PPE training, accessible across any device and available at any time. The training would also facilitate reporting and certification of residential care workers across the state.
The build itself was simple and straightforward; however the LMS was a new version, which meant there were intricacies for the Monash Health users to get up to speed with – and fast.
The team worked tirelessly and in close collaboration in order to get the platform up and running. Kineo and Monash Health were able to fast track a six-week implementation into five days, resulting in the Monash Health residential care platform being ready in record time. The "all-hands-on-deck" approach proved successful and given the solid close working partnership. Individuals were aware of their strengths and weaknesses that provided a good foundation for action.
Monash Health’s Senior Manager of Organizational Development and Learning commented that “the commitment and pace of Kineo team to get the job done effortlessly was a godsend to get the needs met to the DHHS and The Premier.” This was the biggest aspect of the project that meant the most.
The LMS gave Monash Health the freedom to innovate, allowing them to create a customized, in-house look and feel and add a tailored registration form. Kineo was responsive by meeting these preferences swiftly while adding learning content and helping to bridge technical user gaps with the new system.
Due to Kineo’s experience within healthcare and aged care, Kineo was also able to provide further learning on Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers to bolster best practice PPE training content.
Kineo is now providing the ongoing support, hosting and maintenance of the Kineo Edition Totara Learn system.
First-level support to residential care workers that may need assistance logging into the platform has also been made available to make the experience as seamless and user friendly as possible.
- The new LMS made a demonstrable difference by upskilling thousands of aged care workers when the COVID-19 pandemic in the state of Victoria was at its worst and residential aged care facilities were under significant stress.
- With vital training to ensure infection spread minimization via the Kineo Edition Totara Learn, Monash Health has been delighted with the dedication and speed of this project roll out.
- Freedom to innovate has been experienced through customizable forms. An illustration of this is the customizable visitor form that was built to include data capture of all 2,500 postcodes across Victoria.
- Kineo Edition Totara Learn offers good-quality reporting providing the freedom to learn through the ability to analyze key data and report findings back into the organization, while ensuring compliance.
- The functionality in the LMS makes it easy to view and download videos and documents. Monash Health customized the design to suit their organizational and learner preferences.
- The LMS has a capacity for 70,000 aged care worker learners in facilities that are either State or Federal Government managed.
- Over 500 different state residential care sites have accessed the LMS, resulting in broad uptake across the state.
- The DHHS is thrilled that to date there has been over 7,500 individual user completions of PPE learning content.
- Working together, Monash Health and Kineo will maximize learning and training opportunities that are needed to bridge gaps and further safeguard staff and patients in residential care facilities.
“At a time when the COVID-19 pandemic in the state of Victoria was at its worst and residential facilities were under significant pressure, a 5-day turnaround to support that cause with a quickly deployed digital training solution was a great result. Working in partnership with Kineo and delivering a Totara solution to roll out vital training to get the job done was the biggest aspect of the project that meant the most.”.
Want to know if Totara is right for you?
Arrange a personalised demo of the Talent Experience Platform.