Tyres4U Pty Ltd (Tyres4u) is a privately owned family business that has operated throughout Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea for over 25 years.
The Tyres4U group of businesses has over 50 different sites through the 3 countries and manages over 1800 learners from within the organisation as well as external staff of customers who receive free value-added training services.
There was a real need within Tyres4U to deliver compliance courses throughout the entire organisation and also deliver targeted safe working courses that focused on safe tyre fitting. Tyres4U also needed to support its sales teams with product and sales training across its entire network delivering consistent training content approved by management.
The disparate spread of learners with different yet specific training needs created a real challenge for Tyres4U to deliver quality targeted training in a cost effective way. Added to that, Tyres4U needed comprehensive training records for all staff to maintain their ISO9001 accreditation. Tyres4U had some key requirements which an LMS had to fulfill, namely:
- Manage compliance training and assessment programs providing evidence of compliance admissible in a court of law
- Allow for future growth in alignment with organisational growth
- Provide powerful and customisable reporting tools
- Deliver simple navigation especially for learners unfamiliar with technology
- Allow managers to view and monitor their team members’ learning
- Deliver courses targeted to learners based on their business unit
In late 2011 Tyres4U partnered with Catalyst IT to implement a Totara LMS – The Tyres4U Training Academy - that was launched on 1 February 2012. The Totara LMS was themed to fit in with Tyres4U's branding guidelines with the design enabling learners to easily access courses and to comply with internal policy requirements around the timely completion of compulsory training programs.
The Totara LMS has enabled Tyres4U to:
- Deliver online training to all employees over the internet in a cost effective way
- Provide and deliver bespoke training for clients
- Allow managers to monitor their team's course completion
- Automatically enrol employees into their required courses based on their business unit
- Allow employees to easily see which courses they need to complete
In working with Catalyst IT, Tyres4U was also able to leverage Totara LMS to deliver bespoke training courses for their customers.
These courses targeting specific tyre training needs within their organisation and added value to the ongoing business relationship. Totara LMS has proven to be an excellent platform to deliver and track training for Tyres4U.