About the job
Totara is rapidly transforming the learning technology software market. Totara’s products are highly flexible and bring powerful freedoms to all organizations with formal and informal learning needs, both within the workplace and the extended enterprise. They are used by many industry sectors, including finance, retail, energy, health, government and not-for-profit organizations. Customers range from small businesses to large multinational corporations – a testament to our innovation, robust versatility and scalability.
Totara’s Commercial Organization is responsible Totara’s Marketing, Strategy and Operations units. The team focuses on delivering growth to the business through the creation and execution of go to market models involving direct and indirect resources, as well as support units which are responsible for delivering on our Customer Experience strategy. In addition, we work specifically with our Partner ecosystem (such as System Integrators, Management Consultants, ISV’s and Resellers) to create as well as nurture and close incremental pipeline.
The EMEA Channel Partner Manager will carry out the execution of Totara’s partner sales strategy, in line with the Totara Partner Program, across our partner ecosystem. This position reports to Totara’s Chief Commercial Officer & Global Head of Alliances. This role would be based in the UK and be expected to travel from time to time.
- Implement Totara’s partner strategy leading to the successful recruitment, engagement and retention of partners across key geographies in EMEA. The objective should be to allow partners to standardize on and implement Totara solutions on behalf of their clients and prospects. The execution of this strategy includes:
- Qualifying Alliances on a predefined set of criteria;
- Implement a sale driven engagement model which works across various partner and across the focused Totara product stack;
- A clear governance model on measuring and monitoring success and performance.
- Engage with a virtual team of stakeholders across EMEA to allow for local execution of the Totara Partner Program, as well as for local interaction and ownership of the defined strategic alliances.
- Build partner pipeline across the Totara solution suite by:
- Educating partners on the complete Totara value proposition, preparing them to identify and position potential Totara projects;
- Design and execute new business development initiatives with Partners, including solutions development, joint value propositions, sales tools, special sales incentives, joint service offerings, and more;
- Design and secure funding for Totara/Partner marketing campaigns
- Drive partner-initiated and influenced sales:
- Implement programmatic approaches to building Partner/Totara field-level relationships.
- Secure Partner’s advocacy for Totara on deals (transactions, projects) such that the probability of a successful sale is improved, impediments to a Totara sale are removed, deal size is increased, and Totara’s overall cost of sales is reduced
- Increase Totara sales coverage by adding new partner channels
- Promote partner-driven client success:
- Promote and execute Partner training programs.
- Promote joint execution of projects with Totara Solution Consultancy and Partner Success teams;
- Pre-empt and/or address account issues related to Partner’s execution of Totara projects
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or commensurate degree
- 5+ years of work experience selling or delivering solutions, programs or services with or to Partners
- Proven experience working with Systems Integrators, ISV’s and establishing new relationships that create net new business.
- Relationship Management, ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives with demonstrated autonomy to work in highly complex, matrix environments with multiple stakeholders and high degree of ambiguity.
- Demonstrated track record of significant accomplishment in an Individual contributor or leadership role including successful development and management accounts/ programs/ projects in complex matrixed organizations with numerous constituents.
- Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans with Systems Integrators and sales.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to present results and strategy to teams while considering variety of knowledge levels within audience
- Ability to effectively communicate daily performance by producing all necessary reports in an effective, timely and tailored manner
- Excellent writing, analytical and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, strong listening and questioning skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships, promptly responds to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations
If Totara sounds like your kind of place, send us your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
No agencies please