The Gough Group is a diverse business made up of 10 trading divisions representing premium international brands.
The Group started life in 1929 as Gough Gough and Hamer Limited, acquired the New Zealand Caterpillar dealership in 1932, Hyster in 1945, Palfinger New Zealand in 1992, and Palfinger Australia in 2010. As a privately owned New Zealand company, the Gough Group draws on a rich heritage stretching back over 80 years.
With such a diverse range of businesses under the Gough banner, the group needed a learning management system (LMS) flexible enough to grow to span them all. The Gough Group was also about to commence a large rollout of their new ERP system and required an LMS that would effectively support the associated training needs of this rollout.
The LMS selected needed to:
- include a comprehensive suite of LMS functionality
- offer great flexibility in its configuration and use
- be cost-effective and well-priced within an acceptable budget
- have highly-responsive local support.
The Totara Learn Solution
The Gough Group carried out an extensive study on comparative learning management system (LMS) solutions as part of their due diligence process. Totara Learn was selected for implementation on the strength of this study, as it offered full LMS functionality, flexibility in approach, cost-effectiveness and quality local support.
The intuitive user interface and general ease of use synonymous with Totara Learn has encouraged learners to embrace the Totara Learn, with no negative feedback. Gough Group managers responsible for monitoring compliance also have clear visibility over the employee training and certification process, as Totara Learn provides inbuilt tools to successfully track, manage and report on compliance and performance.
- Successful and cost-effective delivery of the training needs of a large ERP rollout across a diverse organisation.
- Excellent rates of training uptake within a learner-motivated working environment.
- Very positive feedback from both learners and the managers who monitor health and safety compliance.
We get the most for our money with Totara Learn; it is the most flexible choice and still within a very acceptable budget. Having responsive support situated locally is also very important to us.
- Steph Cassels, Learning Management Systems Adviser, Gough Group
Want to know if Totara is right for you?
Arrange a personalised demo of the Talent Experience Platform.