The AWS Cloud Engineer is responsible for the implementation and operational oversite of the Totara Cloud platform. This technical role ensures the platform infrastructure is built to design, maintained, and developed using appropriate automation tools and security practices as directed by the Head of Cloud Engineering.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES CANDIDATES TO BE U.S. CITIZENS**
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Totara Cloud services are built to design.
- Coordinate and/or directly contribute to cloud system implementation and optimization.
- Maintain technical documentation related to all elements of the Cloud platform infrastructure including design, process, and security.
- Contribute to the development of IT strategies to meet existing and future requirements based on needs and regulations.
- Manage code deployments and updates across the Cloud platform
- Maintain compliance obligations as directed by the Head of Cloud Engineering
- Maintain system integrity, solution designs, and other processes related to platform infrastructure
- Collaborate across all departments to achieve company objectives.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions e.g. Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting and driving the resolution of technical integration issues across various platforms
- Knowledge of Docker Containers specifically for Web applications, preferably with experience in deploying LAMP stack applications
- Familiarity with a scripting language
- Familiarity with administering Linux environments
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices
- Experience implementing technical designs in a cloud environment
- Container orchestration within a public cloud platform
- Secure Authentication in a multi-tenant cloud platform
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and industry directions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Clear communicator in both written and spoken English
- Industry awareness of technical developments relevant to platform maintenance and operations
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple workstreams
- Experience in mentoring and training staff
- Ability to maintain multiple audience documentation for all aspects of a technical product platform
- Experience working with tools such as Puppet, Chef or Packer
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years experience in a development and/or support role in a relevant workstream
If Totara sounds like your kind of place, send us your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
No agencies please