Motivated by the journey as much as the destination?
We’re looking for an experienced Design Leader to join our Product Team to help take our UX research and design practices to another level.
Our ambition is to build solutions that help L&D and HR teams create empowered workplaces for everyone. As the Head of Experience Design, you’ll help to ensure that everything we ship is informed by a profound understanding of our users key jobs-to-be-done.
Working with our Chief Product Officer and alongside our Head of Development, you’ll bring a holistic view of the entire customer journey helping to lead an outcomes-focused and evidence-based practice.
- At least 10 years of working experience in the product industry, with direct responsibility for user engagement and experience with proven and successful working experience in information architecture, user experience design, interaction design, or a similar role for at least 3 years.
- Proven success as a people leader for at least 3 years.
- Demonstrated mastery in lean UX, design thinking and agile methodologies.
- An endlessly curious thinker who keeps a close eye on competitor trends, technology developments and emerging best in class design patterns.
- A natural team leader with a track record of hiring, mentoring and motivating world-class designers and UX specialists.
- Ability to analyse and synthesise data and research results into actionable recommendations that inform design and content strategies.
- Ability to coordinate the work of 6+ designers and researchers across the product suite.
- Strong visual and interaction design skills.
- A strategic and commercial mindset to ground thinking and enable new opportunities generation.
- A consummate collaborator, who works seamlessly with stakeholders and peers to advance and expand ideas, and drive successful execution.
- Extremely strong communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders.
Who We Are
Totara is a multicultural product company that values openness and honesty, innovation and collaboration. Headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand, we are a team of 90+, with teams in the USA and UK.
Since 2011, our mission has been to help organisations experience the freedom to innovate and adapt by creating open and flexible Learning Development and HR software. As the impacts of COVID-19 shift the workplace experience, we believe effective learning and talent management tools has never been more essential to empowering thriving workforces.
Totara’s products – used by over 1,800 organisations like USDA, Indeed, Pepsi, Red Hat, JetBlue, Yamaha, and more – are built by a team of passionate and talented people to meet this challenge.
What We Offer
Totara is what it is because of it people. Our goal is to provide the spaces and support for our people to do their best work, be recognised and rewarded fairly, and be celebrated as part of our team. Joining our team means joining the pursuit to create effective and engaging learning workplaces for all. We’re growing and are looking for people who are excited about making an impact on the global stage and are passionate about working in the software product industry.
Working at Totara, you’ll have:
- An inspiring and productive multicultural work environment with high autonomy and flat hierarchies.
- A collegiate and creative team who are passionate about solving our users most important problems.
- Attractive salary, commitment to your professional development and flexible working.
- Strong support from a highly-skilled, well-connected and experienced international team.
If Totara sounds like your kind of place, send us your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.