About the job
Totara is rapidly transforming the learning technology software market. Totara’s products are highly flexible and bring powerful freedoms to all organizations with formal and informal learning needs, both within the workplace and the extended enterprise. They are used by many industry sectors, including finance, retail, energy, health, government and not-for-profit organizations. Customers range from small businesses to large multinational corporations – a testament to our innovation, robust versatility and scalability.
Totara’s Commercial Organization is responsible Totara’s Marketing, Strategy and Operations units. The team focuses on delivering growth to the business through the creation and execution of go to market models involving direct and indirect resources, as well as support units which are responsible for delivering on our Customer Experience strategy. In addition, we work specifically with our Partner ecosystem (such as System Integrators, Management Consultants, ISV’s and Resellers) to create as well as nurture and close incremental pipeline.
The Sr. Manager of Partner Operations will help carry out the execution of Totara’s commercial strategy to support its growth ambitions, as well as define, build and execute on our broader operational processes across the commercial business and across the various geographies in which we operate. This position reports to Totara’s Chief Commercial Officer & Global Head of Alliances. This role would be based in the UK and be expected to travel from time to time.
- Drive a process driven culture across our internal commercial organisation as well as across our broader external Partner ecosystem
- Build and improve a data-led strategy which allows for actionable insights and intelligence.
- Planning project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Analysing various data points, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Presenting reports and findings to Totara Executives.
- Overseeing the development of certain projects and ensuring that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company's standards.
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes.
- Continuously evaluating projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines.
- Keeping accurate documentation of a project's creation, development, and execution as well as documenting the project's scope, budget, and justification.
- Engage with a virtual team of stakeholders across Totara Global to allow for local execution of the Totara strategy and operational processes.
- Participate in various Commercial and Alliance related activities, including:
- Manage select partners QBR’s and sit in on regularly scheduled cadence calls between the Partners and the internal Totara teams.
- Implement programmatic approaches targeted at increasing and improvement of the Partner/Totara commitment, communication and collaboration strategy;
- Secure Partner’s advocacy for Totara on deals (transactions, projects) such that the probability of a successful sale is improved, impediments to a Totara sale are removed, deal size is increased, and Totara’s overall cost of sales is reduced
- Increase Totara sales coverage by adding new partner channel
- Be a subject-matter expert for program processes and business applications, committed to troubleshooting and resolving issues raised by our partner community or internal stakeholders promptly.
- Maintain operational playbooks, FAQs, partner guides and other resources.
- Ensure partner data accuracy including current contracts/agreements, account set up and system access, and data in Salesforce is up to date.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of work experience selling or delivering solutions, programs or services with, through or to Commercial organisations.
- Proven experience working with Systems Integrators, ISV’s and establishing new relationships which create net new business.
- Relationship Management, ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives with demonstrated autonomy to work in highly complex, matrix environments with multiple stakeholders and high degree of ambiguity.
- Demonstrated track record of significant accomplishment in an Individual contributor or leadership role including successful development and management accounts/ programs/ projects in complex matrixed organizations with numerous constituents.
- Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to present results and strategy to teams while considering variety of knowledge levels within audience.
- Ability to effectively communicate daily performance by producing all necessary reports in an effective, timely and tailored manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, strong listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships, promptly responds to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.