Below are Totara Cloud’s response times for support tickets raised in the Totara Helpdesk:
- Description: Service stopping issue (e.g. service outages)
- Totara response: Solution proposed within 1 working hour
- Description: Time dependent issue
- Totara response: Solution proposed within 5 working hours
- Description: Routine administrative matters
- Totara response: Solution proposed within 1 business day
Note: The Totara response is dependent upon active co-operation and assistance from the Customer. Delays may occur if Customer assistance is inadequate or unavailable. The response time is calculated from the time we receive notice of the issue from you until we contact the Designated Contact to begin resolution efforts, not the time to deliver a correction.
In the event that you need to escalate an issue, our senior technical staff is available to help you bring your issue to closure.
You can request an administrative escalation at any time if you:
- are not receiving the service you expect from Totara Support;
- have concerns about the progress on a particular issue or set of issues; or
- want to provide direct feedback about Totara support to our management team.
What is the process for escalating my case?
The entry point into the Totara escalation process is by contacting Totara via email@example.com. In your email, please request the attention of the Totara Cloud Service Delivery Manager. The Totara Cloud Service Delivery Manager is responsible for evaluating your situation, and acting as an advocate on your behalf.
Have any relevant numbers available to help us quickly identify the issue. Advise the Totara Cloud Service Delivery Manager of the situation including what actions you feel are required from Totara, production dates or deadlines that may be adversely affected, and any other anticipated business impact if the issue is not promptly resolved. The Totara Cloud Service Delivery Manager is empowered to make a judgment on next steps.
The role of the Totara Cloud Service Delivery Manager in the escalation process is:
- Owns the issue and the overall action plan. Is responsible for ascertaining the business impact of the situation, based on the information you provide;
- Your advocate during the escalation process;
- Is responsible for customer satisfaction;
- Obtains additional resources, as needed;
- Obtains your approval for the action plan;
- Works to properly inform all parties throughout the escalation
- Assigned support engineers to develop, document, communicate and coordinate the technical action plan;
- Identifies need for additional technical assistance; and
- Works toward delivery of solutions and workarounds in a timely manner.
An escalation will be considered closed if it meets one or more of the following requirements:
- The initially agreed upon objectives have been achieved;
- A satisfactory monitoring period has elapsed without problem recurrence;
- The escalation has been reviewed and agreement reached to downgrade the case severity level; or
- You have agreed that the issue is resolved.
As part of our continuous improvement process, your escalation will be documented and reviewed to help Totara determine the steps that led up to the escalation and how recurrence can be eliminated.
Hours of Availability
Support services are made available Monday through Friday (excluding national and local holidays) at the following times:
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific US time
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM Eastern US time
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM UK time
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM Australian Eastern time
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM New Zealand time